Consistently done physical exercise on a daily basis has magical effects, not just on the body but the mind as well. Here is how it works.
- Exercise releases Endorphins, which are endogenous happiness hormones and elevate the mood.
- Exercise improves physical appearance, elevates the self image and increases the self confidence.
- Regular exercise is a form of self discipline , it increases the belief in your abilities to persist in any task and complete it.
- Exercising in an open environment, jogging tracks and gyms is an avenue to socialize, improve social skill, interact with people from different backgrounds and to build friendships.
- Exercise is an excellent way to vent out , channelize negative emotions like anger.
- Exercising with Music gives added Music therapy benefit which is again mood elevating.
- Exercise is an excellent way to destress due to hectic life style and feel fresh and energetic.
- Exercise is ' ME TIME' , thats the time one devotes for oneself. Its necessary for self introspection, self growth and reflection.
- Exercise is an effective way to improve sleep related issues.
- Exercise involves paying attention to your breathing, muscle tension, body coordination and hence improves the brain's ability to focus attention and concentrate.
- And last but not the least, compliments one gets after losing weight or appearing fit are very positively reinforcing and boost confidence like anything.
So everyone out there, its never too late.START EXERCISING
A healthy mind in fact resides in a healthy body.
#exercise #mentalhealth #mindandbody